Business Design (Coaching/Consulting)
Interested in organizing your business idea? Developing a non-profit, association, or leadership/stakeholder skills? We use hands-on meetings & workshops to help you to:
- make better decisions, and
- control and strengthen your ideas and processes to help those decisions stay in place.
We help you design viability ('health') into your new business idea & to operate your business/organization better, simpler and truer.
Teaching & Programs
ReIdren actively delivers quality classes & programs every day to a number of locations in Boston, Cambridge & on-line.
- Mondays: Pan-African History & Genealogy
- Tuesdays/Thursdays: Smartphones for Elders & Hidden History of Black Boston Online Live Course
- Mon-Fri: Afterschool & Life Skills and Technology Programs, Cambridge MA.
- Business/Organization Design
- Technology Projects
- History Projects
- Genealogy Projects
Business Design Workshop
Features the d.BOBO business modelling tool that organizes your business from end to end and top to bottom. Non-profit and existing groups too. How Tos include:
- clarify true mission and vision
- plan research & focus on insight
- sketch delivery channels
- i.d. customer voice/needs
- map internal activities & workspace (including costs and quality)
- create brand, promotion and salesfunnel
Consultations available as well as a full day workshop.
Mission & Vision Statement Workshop
A two hour workshop that establishes they 'why' (mission) of your organization business or initiative. Why did you create it, join it, hire folks to work at it, ask stakeholders to believe in it? A simple and TRUE statement must be clear to those you serve as well as those who are to deliver the services/product ('en-missioned'). We also help you establish a simple useful vision: where this organization/business 'be' (size, scope, expertise, leader of the field, best in class) at a measurable time in the accessible future.
Process Mapping Workshop
This workshop covers process mapping fundamentals, digitizing your maps and features direct hands-on mapping of a critical process in your organization. Process thinking can eliminate 'poor' quality and help indicate the health of an organization, especially in 'service' and 'transactional' work.
Presentation (slide deck) CRITs
Are your reports and presentations difficult for stakeholders or clients/customers to follow? Do your flyers or general visuals need better organization? This session covers the fundamentals of information design and visualizing data/text/illustrations to provide stronger insight instead of confusion in slide decks, brochures & other promotional materials, reports (internal and external), presentations and even websites that your team produces. Crits (critiques), can be a short as 15 minutes or week long projects). We can distill and redesign your keynote, powerpoint, word, or other presentation into the valuable deck your customers think of as clear and understandable.
Resources for Small Business & Organization Leaders:
www.pinterest.com/reidren/business-organization-development-consulting/ - 200+biz/org ideas
Buzzsumo.com - basic research about an industry or topic (id top blogs and popular posts)
Google Voice - for a free phone # link to your cell
Google My Business - www.google.com/business
Gmail for Business - gsuite.google.com/products/gmail/
Sankey Diagram - tool to see your operating budget (insight from data)
HOW to Build Powerful Frameworks to Teach What You Know, (as freelancer, entrepreneur or small business startup)
How to generate leads from a blog
How to build trust with your audience: good copy text
Must SEE Videos
1. Excellent workshop by Chris Do at Futur Inc. discussing how to price your service (applies across industries).
2. Excellent video on having different ideas for a business logo.
3. TED talk: Simon Sinek "The Golden Circle". This is a solid (though ego-filled) talk related to mission/vision statement writing
4. How to set goals (and rich channel about a creative/practical note-taking method)
Student Learning Resources:
Productivity & Key Apps
libreoffice (ms office alternative)
PhotoScan (scanner app)
Tinyfax (small fee for app)
gimp (image editor)
google keep (talk to text and picture text to text - OCR)
audacity audio editor
fruity loops music editor
canva.com design program
thenounproject.com curated icons
Presentation/Infographic Templates - graphicriver.net
Data Vizualization Literacy - presentation keys
quizlet learning tools & flash cards
kahoots game-based learning
Mass Adult Literacy Online adult ed referrals
awwapp online white board
Writer's workshop (tips for better writing)
Trip Buddy - Gas Calculator